SAP R/3 форум ABAP консультантов
Russian ABAP Developer's Club

Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Register - Log in - English
Blogs - Weblogs News

Exporting Russian Sapscript form from non-unicode to unicode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian ABAP Developer's Club Forum Index -> ABAP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Sidewalk
Участник
Участник

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Exporting Russian Sapscript form from non-unicode to unicode Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I am not allowed to post this in the Smartforms/Sapscript forum, I receive an message saying that only moderators are allowed to add new content.

Anyway, I can't go into the politics but, we have to take copies of print programs and Sapscript forms from a clients SAP system. The forms are in Russian on non-unicode system. We visited their site and performed exports of their scripts using program RSTXSCRP, in binary mode and text mode. However, when importing into our Unicode system I find that the Sapscripts display the Russian text as hashes (#). I can replace these hash characters with the appropriate Russian and the spool output looks fine in SP01 with the Russian being displayed. But, when it's either printed to an HP printer or converted to PDF none of the Russian characters can be seen. The printer displays hashes and PDF displays strange graphical box characters where the Russian text should be.

We have SAP standard forms and they print fine in Russian and also convert to PDF. Therefore I assume that there is a problem with the export/import process, but do not know what.
The print programs copied from the client are already set for Unicode, so I guess it is the Sapscript form that is the problem.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?. Would exporting the Sapscrips at the client site when logged in with the Russian country code make a difference?.

Regards

Dr Sidewalk

p.s. If you are a moderator then perhaps you could move this to the Smartforms/Sapscript forum Wink
John Doe
Модератор
Модератор

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Exporting Russian Sapscript form from non-unicode to uni Reply with quote

Dr Sidewalk wrote:
p.s. If you are a moderator then perhaps you could move this to the Smartforms/Sapscript forum Wink

Hi! It's all right. We placed to that section only methods of problem solving.
If you have problem - you placed it to discussions section for solving, right here.
Dr Sidewalk
Участник
Участник

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Possible solution... Reply with quote

Having read the documentation for the export/import program (RSTXSCRP) it would seem that the language vector (viewed via RZ10) has an effect on the export and import process. Our unicode system definately has Russian (R) set within our language vector, which also affects what langauges the user can log into the system with.
I vaguely recall a colleague saying that he was not able to login to SAP in Russian when he was at the site for the Source SAP system, and this may be a key to the problem. The export/import propgram does allow you to specify an alternative language vector, which sounds like something we should try...

Will let you know of the result.

Dr Sidewalk

Apologies for the English, I'm not Russian, just responsible for the Russian Sapscripts and Samrtforms. Smile
YuriT
Участник
Участник

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice meeting you here, Dr Smile

I have 2 guesses:

1) Try playing around with your system (Windows?) regional and language settings.

2) Note 898074 is also worth checking

Yuri
Dr Sidewalk
Участник
Участник

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Solution... Reply with quote

It's strange that you should mention note 898074 as that is the very same note that SAP have suggested that we apply, in both the source and target SAP systems. Smile

I could not understand how I missed this note when searching OSS, but then I realised that this note affects the RSTXR3TR program and not the RSTXR3TR program. We've been using program RSTXSCRP which export/imports via a file because there is no link between the source and destination SAP systems. I must admit, I don't know very much about program RSTXR3TR although it looks as though it can also output a file which is then the source for a transport in the destination system.

Worth a try I guess, although the fix does sound like it will work.

Best regards

Dr Sidewalk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian ABAP Developer's Club Forum Index -> ABAP All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: