SAP R/3 форум ABAP консультантов
Russian ABAP Developer's Club

Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Register - Log in - English
Blogs - Weblogs News

Create unique handle for ALV layout (variant)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian ABAP Developer's Club Forum Index -> ALV Grid / ALV Tree / ALV List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Администратор
Администратор

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Create unique handle for ALV layout (variant) Reply with quote

Author: Clemens Li

Description

Whenever we create more than one ALV grid or list in the same program, we may run into trouble saving a display layout (formerly called variant) for each display.

The procedure is to pass a structure of type DISVARIANT to the object or function. In the DISVARIANT-REPORT we store the report name (SY-REPID) and in the field DISVARIANT-HANDLE a 4-character handle to distinguish our tables displayed. This enables us to store individual layouts for each grid.

But if we use a generic function or method for the display, we may not know which table is actually displayed. In this case, we can not set a unique handle in DISVARIANT-HANDLE.

My idea is to create a unique handle based on the field catalog because we will always have a field catalog for the table display.

To get a unique handle, I concatenate all fields in the field catalog into a string and the create a hash key of length 4 to store as a handle.

This is a sample code - it may be modified as the OO grid uses a slightly different structure for the field catalog (TYPE LVC_T_FCAT as opposed to SLIS_T_FIELDCATALOG_LV)

I'd like to express my thanks to a®s for the hint pointing to the hash kernel function which makes this extremely fast and releiable.
Code:
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*&      Form  HASH
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*       Used to create unique handle for a fieldcatalog
FORM hash
  using    pt_fcat        TYPE slis_t_fieldcat_alv
  changing ps_divariant   TYPE disvariant.
  DATA:
    lv_string TYPE string,
    lv_len TYPE sytleng,
    lr_c TYPE REF TO data.
  FIELD-SYMBOLS:
    <any> TYPE c,
    <fcat> TYPE LINE OF slis_t_fieldcat_alv.

LOOP AT pt_fcat ASSIGNING <fcat>.
    CONCATENATE lv_string <fcat>-fieldname INTO lv_string.
  ENDLOOP.
* determine string length
  lv_len = STRLEN( lv_string ).
* create character data object because kernel function does not take string
  CREATE DATA lr_c TYPE c LENGTH lv_len.
* assign data object to field symbol
  ASSIGN lr_c->* TO <any>.
* pass string content to character object
  <any> = lv_string.
* call kernel function to get hash value
  CALL 'C_ENQ_WILDCARD' ID 'TEXT'     FIELD <any>
                        ID 'TEXTHASH' FIELD ps_divariant-handle.
ENDFORM.                    " HASH

OK, this is not such a big one - but I like the idea of generic programming. For the experienced developer it may be minor effort to put this in a method.

The only thing I have a small doubt is that in theory a four character hash value is not necessarily unique for different base values - until now it always worked. In such a case, we should take other (what?) precautions.

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Russian ABAP Developer's Club Forum Index -> ALV Grid / ALV Tree / ALV List All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: