Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:15 am Post subject: Debug SE16 to allow record changes
Enter table name
Enter &SAP_EDIT in command box
Enter table key
Displays record with data open for editing
If you are not authorised to change table entries or the table has been create without table maintenance allowed (all SAP tables), you can still change entries via data browser (SE16) by means of debugging. The process is as follows:
1. Display record entries for desired table via SE16 or SE11.
2. Select record which requires updating by highlighting it and pressing the display icon (glasses, F7).
3. Type /h in command box and press enter.
4. Now press enter again and you should enter debugging mode
5. Change the value of code from ‘SHOW’ to ‘EDIT’, remember to press the ‘change field contents’ icon (pencil) in-order to store new value.
6. Press F8 (execute) to leave debug.
7. You should now have change access to the selected record.
8. Hit ‘SAVE’ to save any changes.
9. Remember there is a reason why you can’t do this without debugging it, one reason being that it could introduce inconsistencies in the table data.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. SAPNET.RU websites are in no way affiliated with SAP AG. SAP, SAP R/3, R/3 software, mySAP, ABAP, BAPI, xApps, SAP NetWeaver and any other are registered trademarks of SAP AG. Every effort is made to ensure content integrity. Use information on this site at your own risk.