Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:42 pm Post subject: Create BAPI (создание BAPI)
To create a BAPI you must do the following:
- Create a FM in SE37 transaction. The FM name must begin with ZBAPI*. The FM must also have a RETURN parameter, and must be released, this you can also do it in SE37 transaction.
Once you've created and released your BAPI FM, you must create a Business Object (BO).
- Create a Business Object, in Transaction SWO1.
- While modifying it, go to Utilities -> API Methos -> Insert Method.
- There, specify the name for your BAPI FM, then fill all the values it request, such as Method name, parameters names, etc.
- Position the cursor over the method, then go to Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type Component -> To released. This you have to do for every method you add to the object.
- Position the cursor over the BO name, then go to Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type -> To release. Make sure that a check icon appears next to the BO name.
Then it's done! You may go to BAPI transaction and check if your FM appears there.
BAPI stands for Business Application Programming Interface
There are 5 different steps in BAPI.
- Create BAPI Structure
- Create BAPI Function Module or API Method.
- Create BAPI object
- Release BAPI Function Module.
- Release BAPI object.
Step1. Creating BAPI Structure:
- Go to <SE11>.
- Select Data Type & Enter a name.
- Click on Create.
- Note: Always BAPI should be in a development class with request number (Not Local Object).
- Select Structure & hit ENTER.
- Enter the fields from your database. Make sure that the first field is the Primary Key Field.
- Then SAVE & ACTIVATE.
Step 2. Creating BAPI module:
- Enter TR.CODE <SE37>.
- Before entering any thing, from the present screen that you are in, select the menu
Goto -> Function Groups -> Create Group.
Enter a name (Note: This name Must start with ZBAPI)
Let this screen be as it is and open another window and there, enter TR.CODE <SE80).
Click on the Third ICON that says Inactive Objects.
Select the group that you just created and click on Activate.
Notice that the group you created will disappear from the list of inactive objects.
- Go back to ><SE37> screen and enter a name and hit <ENTER>. Then enter the group name that you just created and activated.
NOTE: When you release a function module the respective group will be attached to that particular application. It cannot be used for any other application. NEVER include an already existing group that is attached to another module.
Now click on the first Tab that says [ATTRIBUTES] and select the radio button that says remote-enabled module since we will be accessing this from any external system.
Then click on the second tab that says [IMPORT].
Enter a PARAMETER NAME, TYPE and the structure you created in the first step. Also select the check box ‘Pa’. All remotely enabled functional modules MUST be Pa enabled, where Pa means ‘Passed by Value’ and if you don’t select ‘Pa’, then that means it will be passed by reference..
Then click on tab that says [EXPORT].
Enter the following as is in the first three fields
RETURN TYPE BAPIRETURN (These 3 field values are always same)
Here also select ‘Pa’ meaning Pass by value.
Note: BAPIRETURN contains structure with message fields.
Then SAVE and ACTIVATE.
Step 3. Creating BAPI object:
- Enter Tr.Code <SWO1> (Note. It is letter ‘O’ and not Zero).
- Enter a name and then click on create. Enter details.
NOTE: Make sure that that Object Type and Program name are SAME.
- Enter Application ‘M’, if you are using standard table Mara. If you are using your own database then select ‘Z’ at the bottom.
- Then hit <ENTER>.
- Now we have to add ‘Methods’. High light METHODS and then select the following from the menu:
Goto Utilities -> API Methods -> Add Methods.
- Enter function Module name and hit <ENTER>.
- Select the second FORWARD ARROW button (>)to go to next step.
- Check if every thing looks ok and again click on FORWARD ARROW button (>).
- Then select ‘YES’ and click on <SAVE>.
- Now on a different screen goto TR.CODE <SE37>. Enter Function Module name and select from the top menu Function Module -> Release -> Release.
- Goback to TR.CODE <SWO1>.
Here select the menu combination shown below in the same order.
- Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type Component -> To Implemented.
- Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type Component -> To Released.
- Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type -> To Implemented.
- Edit -> Change Release Status -> Object Type -> To Released.
- Then click on <SAVE>.
- Then click on Generate Button (4th button from left hand side looks like spinning wheel).
- Then Click on the button that says ‘PROGRAM’ to see the source code.
To check if this is present in work flow goto TR.CODE <BAPI>.
Here it shows business object repository.
- First click on the middle button and then select “ALL” and hit ENTER.
- Goto tab [ALPHABETICAL] and look for the object that you created. This shows that the BAPI object has been created successfully.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. SAPNET.RU websites are in no way affiliated with SAP AG. SAP, SAP R/3, R/3 software, mySAP, ABAP, BAPI, xApps, SAP NetWeaver and any other are registered trademarks of SAP AG. Every effort is made to ensure content integrity. Use information on this site at your own risk.