Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 pm Post subject: Change program in QA client
Sometimes when DEV client don’t have the proper data and sometimes when SAP do their some weird action (you know what I mean did u ? heheh) then it will takes thousands changes (hehehe is it??) when you do trial n error to repair some programs/tables/something in QA client. And when you found it error you need to go back to DEV client to repair it, and create a Change Request Number, and then transport it again to QA client, and again and again.
Have you ever think how many wasted CRs created just because of it ?
Well, my colleague gave me a tips for this. You can directly change programs/tables in QA client and see the result of it. You can do trial and error right away in your QA client (yes, right away in your QA client, means you don’t need to code in DEV and create CRs and transport). And after you satisfied with the result in QA, you can go back to DEV client, do the same thing with your programs/tables, create CRs and transport it to QA (replaced) and PROD.
This is the tips :
In QA client,
1. Open 2 session se38, one session for program LSTRDU34 and another is LSTRDU44
2. Find this FM : TR_EDIT_CHECK_OBJECTS_KEYS
3. After that FM lines block, find the sy-subrc result, and put a breakpoint on that.
4. Ok, open new session se38 again, entry your program, or se11 for your tables, or etc.
5. Click Change program, when the debugger stopped at sy-subrc you’ve set, change the sy-subrc result from 12 or 4, to sy-subrc = 0.
6. See the result.
7. You can activate the programs also with this tips.
Enjoy! But be careful, because sometimes (possibly) :
1. you enjoy changing in QA so much until when you go back to DEV you forgot what things you’ve done in QA hehehe.
2. This can be done in PROD also, but this is depending on your authorization to change field contents in debugger.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. SAPNET.RU websites are in no way affiliated with SAP AG. SAP, SAP R/3, R/3 software, mySAP, ABAP, BAPI, xApps, SAP NetWeaver and any other are registered trademarks of SAP AG. Every effort is made to ensure content integrity. Use information on this site at your own risk.